SOTW: Honda Integra Type R
You don’t come across these cars very often but when you do, you can tell there’s something special tucked away behind that little H with the red background.
This isn’t your every day coupe, the Honda Integra Type R is a street slung hero propelled by a 2.0 litre I-VTEC which kicks out 220 bhp as standard.
This one is mint.
Artic blue, full service history, C-Pack and 66k on the clock. And that’s just the start of it.
The full ad reads as follows:
2003/03 Model Year
Private Plate – R111 TEG Currently on the car.
Original VRN PA03 YJV
Arctic Blue with Black Recaro Interior.
Usual refinements, Air Con/Climate, HID lights, Brembo Brakes, 6spd LSD gearbox.
C-Pack (Rear tints, Electric & Folding mirrors, Rear wiper) with optional Wind Deflectors and Rear Parcel Shelf.
It also has the original JDM Flare, still intact.
It has JUST turned 66k miles. I will get an exact figure soon, which will not rise much as the car is no longer used but it is less than 66,100 miles!
3 Owners including myself. Both previous owners were members of this forum too.
Stephen1612 and Conno
Tax til Mar ‘12
MOT til OCT ‘12
Rear fog light wired in to Inner Offside Brake lamp with OEM Honda Jazz Fog Switch.
Full UK service history with Honda Service book and receipts to show. Also has the Jap service book too.
Where no ‘Service’ Receipt is present, there are receipts for oil/filters where I have changed fluids myself.
Fitted with a Toad Ai606 Alarm/Immobiliser. Thatcham CAT1 Approved with certificate and 2 Alarm Fobs.
Car also has 2 Keys.
Recently had the following work carried out over the last few months, again with receipts.
- New Competition Clutches Stage 1 clutch, Clutch Fluid and Honda MTF Gearbox Oil @ 63,900 Miles
- Full service including New Plugs and Valve clearances @ 64,500 Miles
- New EBC Yellowstuff Rear Pads, OEM Rear Discs, TGM Braided Brake Hoses and Motul RBF 600 Fluid @ 64,600 Miles
- New OEM Front Discs and Pads @ 64,900 Miles
- Coolant, Oil & Filter Change @ 64,900 Miles
- Front LCA Bushes @ 65,000 Miles
A few months ago, some kind soul decided to reverse in to the rear bumper, leaving a slight crack and a scuff on the paint.
I had Willie at TGM assess the damage. No structural damage, just the bumper.
So I had a New rear bumper painted and fitted as well as the rear lip, front bumper, front lip and front wings painted at the same time to give it a freshen up.
The paint is in immaculate condition now bar a few very very light stone chips here and there.
On the inside, the seats are in very good condition with only slight bolster wear to the drivers side seat.
I try to be very careful as I get in and out!!
There is a slight pull that has been repaired on the pass seat, it ws present when I bought it. Hasn’t bothered me.
I will get pics of this.
The car benefits from a few tasteful modifications, as follows;
- Skunk2 Magnetic Engine and Gearbox Drain Plugs
- Custom (Brenscivic) Cam Cover in Wrinkle Black with Red HONDA logo
- SFS Coolant hoses (Blue)
- Anodized Blue ‘R’ Battery Tie Bar
- TGM Braided Brake hoses
- EBC Yellow Stuff Rear Brake Pads
- Motul RBF600 Brake Fluid
- TGM Baffled Sump
- Energy Suspension Motor Mount Inserts. (ESMMs)
- Competition Clutches Stage 1 Clutch
- Eibach Pro Springs on OEM Dampers
- Eibach/SPC Front Camber Bolts (Have Originals)
- Eibach/SPC Rear Camber Arms (Have Originals)
- Energy Suspension Front LCA Bushes
- TGM Fast Road Geometry
- Phillips Ultra Blue 6000k HID Bulbs
- Ings +1 Front lip
- Front number plate holder removed and bumper smoothed
- Lamin-x’d Rear Tail lights (All Red)
- De-Wipered rear (Have original)
- Kenwood DDX-5022 Double Din DVD/iPod Headunit
- Kenwood KCA-iP301v iPod Lead
- Gathers uprated rear speakers
The car can come with a choice of wheels.
Your choice of either of the following.
GENUINE Rays Grams Light 57 Optimize (Time Attack Edition)
17×7.5 – ET43 – 5×114.3
Black with Red Lip, Genuine RAYS Centre caps, valves and Valve caps.
Fitted with 215/45/17 Yokohama Advan Neova AD08 Tyres
Rays Duralumin Anodized Locking Wheel nuts (Black)
Approx 600 miles on the tyres.
3 of the wheels have ever so slight marks on the rim from a shoddy tyre fitter, which I will touch up before sale.
A good set of OEM CW Wheels with fairly good 215/45/17 Toyo T1-R Tyres.
I am struggling to think of anything.
The only thing I can think of is he front calipers have faded and need a re-lacquer. It’s not a big job, however I simply don’t have time to get this done at the moment.
Very common problem.
OK, Money Talk…..
I am looking for
O.I.R.O £8,650 with the Plate, RAYS wheels, AD08 Tyres and Nuts.
O.I.R.O £8,000 with the Plate and OEM Wheels
O.I.R.O £7,700 with the OEM Wheels. On the Original VRN as above
I am located Just off J5 of the M3, in Odiham.
Test drives upon proof of valid insurance.
No tyre kickers or time wasters please.
You can find this incredible Integra Type R over on ITR DC5.